INSTRUCTOR FOR BIBLICAL LANGUAGES
Sattler College seeks a full-time instructor in biblical languages (Koine Greek and Biblical Hebrew). We are the only college in the U.S. that requires all of our students to take both Greek and Hebrew, so this course will shape the student experience in a profound way.
The faculty member should have an interest in using communicative methods (TPR, TPRS) blended with grammar-translation methods. We favor leading with communicative methods, then reinforcing with traditional grammar. There are three primary metrics that this faculty position is evaluated on:
- Students should be excited to use and build on their biblical languages after the course is finished.
- By the time the course is finished, students should have built up habits of regularly using their Greek or Hebrew in their personal reading of Scripture.
- Students should be able to have a basic exegetical competence to discern the meaning of a text and provide evidence for a position by being able to responsibly parse words and utilize lexicons.
The applicant must have a master’s degree or higher, though a doctoral degree is preferred. The role also provides the opportunity to write books and generate media that we hope will advance the pedagogy of biblical languages more broadly. We are not a research university but aspire to be a thought-leading institution in the instruction of biblical languages. The position begins in the fall of 2018.
Finally, we especially seek faculty that can support the founding precepts of the College, harmonious with the beliefs of the historic Christian faith, listed on our webpage: http://www.sattlercollege.org/about/
The faculty member’s primary duty will be the instruction of assigned classes under the supervision of the Dean or direct supervisor. In addition to teaching responsibilities, the instructor must have the flexibility to be available for secondary duties and roles associated with College operations and growth and be committed to professional development. Since Sattler will often implement the inverted classroom, we are looking for an instructor that is willing to break traditional molds. The instructor will also emphasize and teach soft skills during time spent in the classroom. The faculty member must abide by and support policies set forth by Sattler College and must be committed to the College’s goals and objectives.
Applicants should email their CV and a cover letter of interest to: email@example.com
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States; or
- An alien authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to work in the United States.
All new employees are required to complete and sign a verification form and provide documentation attesting that he/she is a United States citizen, national, or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States.