Sattler College is seeking applications for an Admissions Counselor. This entry-level position provides support to the Office of Admissions in the overall execution of strategic departmental and institutional enrollment goals. This person represents Sattler College to the public and markets the mission and vision of the college to our various constituencies: prospective students, parents, college counselors, and alumni on campus. This person provides specific support to various projects and programs, as determined by the supervisor and needs of the Office of Admissions.
This is a full-time role and commences in the 2020-2021 academic year.
Finally, we especially seek a person that can support the founding precepts of the College, harmonious with the beliefs of the historic Christian faith, listed on our webpage: http://www.sattlercollege.org/about/
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States; or
- An alien authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to work in the United States.
All new employees are required to complete and sign a verification form and provide documentation attesting that he/she is a United States citizen, national, or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Admissions Counselor Job Duties:
- Recruits students by in person or virtual visits to high schools; attending college nights; visiting homeschool conferences, community colleges and other institutions.
- Welcomes prospective students by processing paperwork; interviewing applicants; arranging and conducting campus tours; conducting follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone-calling campaigns.
- Maintains recruiting operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes and event planning for on campus and off campus recruiting activities.
- Develops a network of alumni by identifying and training successful alumni willing to help recruit students; coordinating the network's activities.
- Develops a profile of students attracted to the college by conducting research; interviewing applicants; designing questionnaires for current students; analyzing questionnaire results; conducting focus groups.
- Evaluates recruitment techniques by determining the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by admissions; discerning the appeal of admissions literature; defining the expectations of the college to be instilled in incoming students by the admissions staff.
- Completes projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and redesigning processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances admissions department and institution reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to use current CRM as a recruitment tool (Hubspot & Populi) a plus.