Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
Sattler faculty want to join in leading a revolution in Christian higher education, helping students achieve a lifetime of impact for Jesus and His church. Sattler students are exceptional, with SAT scores well above the national average. Our students are so passionate that this is where God wants them to be.
The Business Program at Sattler is designed to launch students as Christian business leaders: firm in their convictions and equipped with the skills necessary to build His Kingdom by leading a company providing social benefit, or serving Kingdom purposes at a larger organization. Courses are built around small class sizes and are led by professors who provide students the benefit of both professional experience and academic preparation. Professors support students as they develop the capabilities needed to grow, adapt and lead in an ever-changing business world.
Sattler Business professors create an academic culture of excellence. They lead students to master a broad curriculum emphasizing Kingdom Business. Each course helps students learn not only leading edge business subject matter, but also how he or she can glorify God through applying that knowledge. Furthermore, Sattler Business faculty know that our job is to create an environment in which students develop skills in a manner that they keep on learning after graduation.
Sattler is looking for a Christian practitioner/scholar able to teach a variety of courses. Because our faculty is young, this is an opportunity for someone with broad experience to teach both in areas that are comfortable…and stretch into areas that are not as closely aligned with prior academic experience. Business faculty at Sattler College succeed because they are curious and flexible…because they are passionate about engaging however needed to help students become great businesspeople.
Character of a Successful Sattler College Business faculty
- Passion for Christ-centered higher education and dedication to the integration of faith and learning in the business fields.
- Deeply committed to student success—in the classroom and after graduation
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree required – terminal degree preferred – in Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Non-Profit, Data Analytics or closely related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching (copies of prior course evaluations).
- Preferred: experience managing businesses. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years progressively responsible experience in a commercial or non-profit organization
- Preferred: capability for teaching data-oriented courses: Marketing, Business Data Analytics, Economics, Statistics, etc.
- Preferred: evidence of published academic scholarship
The position is full-time, with premium benefits, commencing in August 2021.
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials in the form below: (1) a cover letter; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a statement of teaching philosophy; (4) a reflection on the Founding Precepts (see instructions).
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States; or
- An alien authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to work in the United States.
All new employees are required to complete and sign a verification form and provide documentation attesting that he/she is a United States citizen, national, or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States.