Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
Sattler College is seeking a professor with interest and experience teaching topics in biblical counseling such as theories of biblical counseling, marriage and family counseling, interpersonal relationships, trauma, practicum and internship seminar, and multicultural counseling.
Teaching assignments will include at least one course per semester, depending upon the expertise of the candidate and needs of the programs. Three (3) years of biblical counseling experience is required to teach practicum or internship seminar. Candidates would need appropriate qualifications and experiences.
We are looking for a faculty member who inspires students, teaches well, and cares about the personal development of our students. Faculty who have this role should have a strong quantitative background in computer science or a related discipline. The applicant must have a Master’s degree or higher, though a doctoral degree is preferred. This is a full or part-time role and commences in the spring of 2019.
Finally, we especially seek faculty that can support the founding precepts of the College, harmonious with the beliefs of the historic Christian faith, listed on our webpage: http://www.sattlercollege.org/about/
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties will also include teaching,
- Ability to meet with students before and/or after class to support their learning
- Timely completion of assessment and feedback to students on their performance (e.g., academic, interpersonal, and professional).
- Consultation with Program Coordinator through periodic meetings and working collaboratively with Biblical Counseling faculty members.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Counseling or Biblical Counseling for most courses
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Three (3) years of counseling experience
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration and collegiality
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, supervision, and advising
- Strength and potential for excellence and leadership in community engagement and college services
- Ph.D. or Ph.D. Candidate in Counseling or Biblical Counseling
- College-level teaching experience
- Experience teaching a multicultural population
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States; or
- An alien authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to work in the United States.
All new employees are required to complete and sign a verification form and provide documentation attesting that he/she is a United States citizen, national, or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States.