Finny Kuruvilla, MD PHD, gives an updated assessment of Covid-19 on May 14, 2020. He shares insights from the current data and a look into what trends to expect in a post Covid-19 world.
- New cases have flattened and are now slowly declining.
- Many more people have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 than previously thought.
- This means that the case fatality rate is much lower than previously thought.
- This supports a steady and measured re-opening of the economy, while shielding the vulnerable (elderly, sick, and immunocompromised).
- Covid-19 has accelerated pre-existing trends, exposed weaknesses in the global economy, and has created new trends.
- These trends offer opportunities for hard-working, disciplined individuals to rebuild a stronger, more virtuous economy for the global common good.
- Perhaps this is a time to break idolatries. The fear and disruption are opportunities to bring our hearts and others' to the throne of God.
Watch the video to see the insight and data behind these conclusions.