Sattler College is in session!Written by Class of 2022
We kicked off our inaugural year with a retreat at Toah Nipi in the green countryside of New Hampshire. It was a great opportunity for the class of 2022 to get to know each other and the staff, and to enjoy a few days of relaxation before classes began.
A highlight of the retreat was climbing Mount Monadnock, made famous through the writings of Thoreau and Emerson. It was a strenuous climb, but well worth the view from the top. Dr. Kuruvilla reminded us that climbing Mount Monadnock was a lot like the four years ahead of us at Sattler: “It’s going to be fun, and it’s going to be really hard.”
After a month at Sattler, we can corroborate his words.
Some of the things we love about Sattler:
- Location. From our campus, we have a bird’s eye view of Boston, and we are within walking distance of our dorms.
- High Academic Standard. The academics are challenging, but Sattler’s high standard is one of the reasons we chose this college.
- Hebrew Class. If you think learning Hebrew is a tedious process, think again. Professor Scheumann makes this the most interactive and laughter-provoking of our classes.
- Tea Time. Every study day, students and staff take a short break from work to talk, sing, and pray together.
- Journey Groups. Our small discipleship groups give us a chance to grow spiritually, stay accountable, and share from our hearts.
- Work-Study Programs. We are excited about programs that help pay for our education and prepare us for future careers and ministry.
Stay tuned as we explore more of the Sattler experience in the coming months.
-Class of 2022
P.S. We are already excited to meet next year’s students. Do you want to be equipped to impact the world for Christ? Consider joining the class of 2023.
Early decision applications are due November 15th.