Director of Admissions
Sattler College is seeking applications for a Director of Admissions. The director will coordinate an admissions and marketing strategy, execute that plan, and manage other members of the admission team. The Director will promote the College to qualified prospective students and to the families, churches and other people who influence them. This position is responsible for prospect generation and follow up efforts to meet the enrollment goals of Sattler College. The Director of admissions will oversee the overall admissions strategy and ensure that the College’s marketing efforts are working in unison with the College’s enrollment goals.
The Director of Admissions works closely with the Director of Operations, President, Dean, and Assistant Dean to meet enrollment goals. The candidate must be able to navigate and interact with Sattler College’s constituency and be able identify and organize Sattler College’s presence at strategic locations as well as manage Sattler’s online presence with an inbound marketing strategy.
We especially seek candidates that can support the founding precepts of the College, harmonious with the beliefs of the historic Christian faith, listed on our webpage: http://www.sattlercollege.org/about/
- Manage the admission and communication process at Sattler College.
- Maintain consistent communication goals and ongoing follow-up contact throughout the year with prospective students via phone calls, email, letters, and personal visits, etc. according to a communication plan.
- Build positive relationships with prospective students, their families, and their churches.
- Provides in-office admissions counseling; meets with prospective students; initiates appropriate and effective follow-up communication to prospective students.
- Assists with campus tours and the planning and implementing of on and off campus recruitment events. Conduct interviews and provide campus tours to prospective students, families, and influencers during campus visits.
- Applying established institutional criteria to help make admission decisions by reviewing and evaluating applications and conducting student interviews.
- Check in on a regular basis with the admissions team to evaluate the status of prospective students and progress toward goals.
- Oversee student workers who assist in achieving enrollment goals.
- Assess procedures and processes and suggest ways to streamline and improve the recruitment and enrollment process.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith and a strong desire to promote Christ-centered higher education.
- Sales or marketing experience is preferred with the ability to be able to relate the college experience and the benefits of a college education to prospective students and their families.
- Working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and the ability to learn contact management software is required (Sattler College uses Hubspot).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people is essential.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail is required.
- Ability to function as a team player with other members of the Admission team.
- Ability to engage and interact tactfully with potential recruits from diverse backgrounds; ability to establish relationships with schools and churches in the recruiting effort.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel within assigned areas.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- A citizen or national of the United States;
- An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States; or
- An alien authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service to work in the United States.
All new employees are required to complete and sign a verification form and provide documentation attesting that he/she is a United States citizen, national, or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States.