What is the student work study program?
The Sattler College Work Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate students with or without financial need. The program encourages community service work and work related to your course of study. To be eligible a student must apply for work study eligibility through the Sattler Finance Office. The eligibility guidelines include a complete application, updated resume and maintained 3.0 grade point average.
What will I be paid and how many hours will I work?
The current wage rate is $15.00/hour.
Your award amount will be made to allow you to work 12 to 15 hours per week. This is an average workweek and may vary depending on other obligations a student may have related to academic requirements. The maximum a student can work on-campus is 20 hours per week.
What type of jobs are available?
On-Campus Jobs - Jobs are available for most departments around campus. Students who are awarded Work Study and are interested in on-campus jobs will be provided with a listing of openings. Positions are available in a variety of settings.
Off-Campus Jobs - Two main categories of jobs exist in this category:
- Community Service - Employment opportunities are available in non-profit organizations that are aimed at improving the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income individuals, or to solve particular problems related to their needs. Students are paid to work for these agencies.
- The America Reads/America Counts Programs - These programs are designed to provide tutoring to area children in need of additional help in the areas of reading or mathematical competency. This is an excellent way for students to serve the needs of the community and obtain a rewarding and enriching experience through the Federal Work Study program only.
How do I apply?
- Complete application HERE.
- Submit all of these forms
- Receive approval from HR for work study eligibility.
- Receive hire notice from department offering work study position.
- Visit HR with I-9 supporting documents to get your work authorization papers. (Reference)
- Light the world. 💡
Once HR receives that form with supporting documents, you are then eligible to begin work.
How do I get paid?
You must complete your time sheets via the Sattler payroll kiosk for approval by your supervisor. Student workers who do not submit their time sheets or submit them late will be processed in the next scheduled payroll.
Sattler College deposits all student employment earnings directly into your checking account.
How do I complete these forms?
If you are working on campus for the first time, you must complete a Federal I-9 Form to verify employment eligibility. Please bring one of the following ORIGINAL documents to Human Resources: Social Security card or birth certificate bearing an official seal, both are documents that establish employment authorization, if using either a Social Security card or birth certificate you will also need a driver’s license or another form of state issued photo ID. A U.S. passport may be used as it establishes both identity and employment authorization, if using a passport you will only need one form of ID. To read the complete list of acceptable forms of identification please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents Please understand, you are NOT allowed to work on campus until you have completed this form and supplied original documents to Human Resources.
To complete your W-4 you will follow the directions as stated on the W-4 form. You will have to claim a certain number of “Allowances” on your W-4. We are not legally allowed to give advice on how to complete this form so you may wish to ask your parents for assistance.
To complete your M-4 you will follow the directions as stated on the M-4 form. You will have to claim a certain number of “exemptions” on your W-4. We are not legally allowed to give advice on how to complete this form so you may wish to ask your parents for assistance.
Completing your Direct Deposit (for paychecks)
Sattler College deposits all student employment earnings directly into your bank account. To get this set up you will need to submit a blank voided check or your savings account information via the hiring form above.
How do I get help?
Contact the Human Resource Department at (617) 356-1610 or by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about student employment.